Working from Home

Most think that working from home could be the most awesome thing there is!

Having experienced jobs in the real world since I was 16, I would have to say that working outside of the home is definitely the best choice.

Working from home you often think that you can throw in a load of laundry then get back to work. By the end of the day, you will have all the household chores done AND a day's work accomplished.....if that were only true!


I found out very quickly that a "home" environment job is not very enjoyable. As nice as it can be to "schedule" your own events, to HAVE an eventful day is the best thing that could happen.

Because my ministry has no ministry bookings (as of now but that is very much wanted in the future...busy tomorrow?)...it's easy to be a "slacker" and not do everything that should be done in preparation for these things!

Yes, every week, I pray about what I need to post, and try to create, type, and schedule a post for each day for my Facebook/Twitter pages. This takes most of my Monday's, because it takes a lot of time. And I pray about who I would like to give a testimony for my next video. And even small video Bible sessions are fun!


My prayers are weeks in advance on what I need to share...because as much as I LOVE being "ahead" of the game, some where I fall short and end up trying to "rush" to get the game going!

- let's take for instance TODAY!! It is 3:25pm and I have no post at all. Not even the weekly profile picture is changed. (But I will share with you why it's up and late this week in another post)! :)

I often go into places of business and would absolutely love to apply for a job. I love working with the public and enjoy meeting new people. I LOVE PAPERWORK! I know that is odd but I do enjoy it! I use to work for a public school system and worked as a Special Ed Clerk and loved my job! BUT I LOVE being in the will of GOD even more, that is why I chose to resign and begin my journey with Singles Compete IN HIM!

Things didn't happen as quickly as I would like. Unlike a job and someone telling you what to do on a daily basis, I have to trust and hear the voice of God to be sure that I am doing what He wants me to do. And even in a "home" location, probably MORE so than if you were on the job site...so many things "pop" up that need to be taken care of.


Most people think that "oh, she doesn't have a job"...and there ya go! And never really take into consideration what exactly it is I do. Sometimes I wonder that as well!

Being at home, you sometimes get lost in the shuffle of doing the "weekly post" and maybe doing a video here/there. But what is the REAL GOAL of this ministry?

Let's talk about our future!

Singles Complete IN HIM would love to venture out and hold workshops. Each workshop will have a theme and whatever that theme is, the sessions that are held will be discussed! :)

I'm basing a lot of workshops on subjects that are not usually coming from the pulpit. Topics such as responsibilities that you endure with being single: Disciplining children, paying the bills, etc.

The first (and last thus far) workshop that was done, the married people who were there raved about it even being geared toward married folks. Well, that too is a direction that SCIH could be headed, so we are not limited to singles only.

These workshops will include my own testimony, because you know...growing up in a Pastor's home doesn't mean that your life is roses! And I've made some bad choices and I've made some great choices. I think that some of the these things may help others...because we ALL AREN'T PERFECT and guess what? We never will be!

Also, just any speaking event would be awesome! Now, let me tell ya, this is not my knack! Truly...I'm good behind a camera (it's what you are comfortable with) and that bothered me for awhile. But it is what you get use to. And I would LOVE to get use to LIVE people!!!!

I just would like SCIH to help others! I want to be right in the middle of God's will for my life.

Thank you all for your love, encouragement, and support in our ministry. It makes me smile to see "likes" and "shares"!!! You all have been amazing and I hope that these weekly posts and videos that are posted do help someone!

~Rhonda Griep - the girl behind the jeans! Being REAL!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Games and the United States of America

Standing STRONG

Mom Memories