This is who ME is!


I'm a thinker! And I often over think things! Sometimes it is not for my best interest at heart and can cause some conflicts. But I do like to figure out why people do what they do.

We all come from different backgrounds so we've all learned to deal with things in different ways, your way may not be like my way, but it doesn't mean it is wrong.

However, when other people are involved, we need to be sensitive to the needs of others and take into consideration how they feel.

I've always been one that just wanted to get to the bottom of something (find the root), talk about it - oh communication is a MAJOR thing in my life, and deal with it! I want things fixed. I want peace and follow peace!

I've told my husband a thousand times, if there is something I'm doing wrong, please let me know so I can fix it. Don't shove it under the rug for us to trip on it later. Issues will NEVER fix them self. You may think they do, but they don't and usually get worse. People can do whatever they want to try to run from them, but they catch up!

Being a follower will lead you nowhere! Hmm, that's a good quote right there! You know, being the 2nd born, you naturally are the one that wants to follow. For so many years, my sister, whom was older than me, would make the decisions and I would go with it. Even now, I love when she is with me because I don't have to worry about making the decisions! She's a natural born-leader (and the first-born)!

Because I am a follower, I get lost easily when driving, because I just follow the person in front of me. If I'm really focused and paying attention, I can do pretty well. Although I follow well and that is probably one of my best character traits, I can also be a leader when need to be. However, few options helps me make decisions better.

So...if you are a follower, be cautious of who you are following. Be cautious of your friends! When things aren't going right, stand up and take the lead. Don't allow others to drag you down. You will always be as good/dedicated as your leader is.

 I enjoy a good challenge, trivia crack is a game that is fun to play, even though I'm horrible at it. But it keeps my mind challenged and keeps me learning! I enjoy learning new games, meeting new people, going to new places. THAT is all a challenge in itself. Because my flesh cries out NO! I don't want to have to do this but all-in-all it truly is fun! 

I'm often quiet around people I don't know and usually share my heart only to close friends (and my dad)! Most times I just communicate with God and just let Him know what's on my heart! He knows the end from the beginning and even though having friends is a VERY GOOD THING! God needs to be our ULTIMATE source to go to in time of trouble!

I'm not much on the spur of the moment kind of person. Every so often, that is okay but I'm more of a planner. If I am going somewhere, I will spend more money to stay in a nicer hotel. Hotels freak me out sometimes..I'm very cautious where I stay - after the time we spent in a storage building that was more like a "hunters dream". I didn't even attempt to get under the covers that night! And no matter where I stay, I ALWAYS wear socks!

Planning is a good thing and if the plan doesn't go right, then that is okay. Life always has bumps in the road and it doesn't make me stress when one comes up! However, if I let that bump become HUGE, then the stress comes!!! DEAL WITH THE ROOT (the small things ARE THE IMPORTANT THINGS!)!!!

I'm a pretty compassionate person (about some things)! Yet, I'm pretty set-in-my ways about others. I do want to be like Christ in everything that I do! I love to read about Him and learn about His character! And even though my mind likes to wander often, I take control of it by renewing it to the Word of God! Sometimes I forget and let my mind just run and it gets me nowhere but my mouth speaking the wrong things, which in-turn causes distress for me. But keeping focus and remembering that God is my source, my peace, my joy, my strength, etc, then most days are the BEST DAYS!

...this is the girl behind the jeans! She has struggles, emotions, dreams, faith, and a knowing that no matter what happens in life, GOD IS STILL GOD! I cannot EVEN imagine anyone having to go through what is going on in this world today, without God! If you don't know Him - I ask that you SEEK HIM and FIND HIM! Because HE is more than a Savior...HE IS LORD! :) 

Rhonda Griep
Founder/Owner SCIH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Games and the United States of America

Standing STRONG

Mom Memories