Mom Memories


It's amazing just how much you REALLY need your mom! 

Your mom is always the one that you go to for every day questions, maybe cooking questions, maybe just needing knowledge about an issue. Whatever the case, it's awesome just to call your mom and say hello! 


After mom (Bonnie Moore a/k/a Dear Grace) moved to Heaven last October, there's many emotions I've had to deal with. You think you're okay and then out-of-the-blue, something jars your memory and there goes the tears. You often catch yourself wanting to give her a call.


My mom was a strong woman. I don't ever recall her being ill many times in her life. When she was sick, she would jump right back in the path of life and get busy. She was always helping other people, whether it was cooking meals, feeding their cats, taking them to the Dr, whatever it was, she was joyful in all she did. Mom would find humor in the small things. She was really a hoot! She loved to go to Branson and enjoyed the shows. Mom was never lazy. She was always doing something. Her house was always cleaned, her clothes were always clean, and she always made good meals. AND she definitely always had dessert! If I wanted a donut, I knew where to go! :)


I've had many dreams about my mom since she has moved. She is young & beautiful and has the darkest, prettiest hair. I've had some interesting dreams, in fact. One dream was me pulling into a parking spot and she yelled my name. I still don't know how to interpret dreams but I do ask God if it is something I need to know! 


When I sit and try to remember all of the wonderful memories of Mom, it's just the time of her sickness that I can recall. Maybe this is normal? I hope to get passed those memories because although we had some awesome talks, that is not the way I want to remember her.


Moms are very special people and if you haven't told your mom just how much you love her and need her - DO IT!!!


There's one thing that I have never regretted, the time I spent with my mom and everything I helped her do. There were some things that I just REALLY didn't want to do. But I'm glad that I did and the most important thing is her knowing how much I love her and what a great mom she is! :) 


I love my momma and miss her more every day! She has taught me so much in life but mostly, she taught me how to love my family, how to love other people, and most importantly, how to love and respect God! :) 

When the sad times hit, after the cry, I just smile knowing that my Momma is having the best time of her life. She would never give up that for this world. And I wouldn't want her to! 

~Rhonda Griep




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing STRONG

Football Games and the United States of America