Standing STRONG

 

Observing social media posts (and my own incident recently) - THUS THE REASON for this post! ๐Ÿ˜ I've found majority of people who post are pitiful, selfish, weak little cry babies when it comes to different situations!

 

It's times we let our hair down and tell it like it is!!! It helps people when we are REAL about our self and different situations! We ALL have issues, even if you think that you do.I ASSURE YOU, you do!

 

AND THE bad part about it is SATAN KNOWS! He may see it better than YOU SEE IT! BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS, once we see and realize it, then we can make adjustments and move on!

 

I hate talking about myself....ESPECIALLY about issues that I encounter.......my here goes...so bare with me. It's not about the success of dieting, because we can ALL be successful at something....BUT the knowledge of the root of the issue!

 

So, all my teenage years through adult life I've never really liked how I've looked! I've always felt fatter than I actually was, and always compared myself to others! In the last 6-months, I've lost a few pounds and love my new lifestyle! HOWEVER, insecurities still creep up AND FOOD ADDICTIONS! It is absolutely crazy how you don't eat certain foods for months but still taste them!

 

I've always had a sweet tooth and want something sweet after I eat...๐Ÿ˜‹and after I go for a hike, and go to church, and after a shower, and EVEN after GOING TO BED! NO DOUBT! THAT HAS HAPPENED! MANYYYYYY TIMES!!! ๐Ÿ˜

 

Recovering drug addicts or alcoholics cannot be around that cause one puff or drink and they can spiral down again to where they were! Well what is an even stronger addiction? CANDY!!!!! Seriously! Candy is one of my favorite things!  (And cake)(and brownies) (and banana pudding)....but that's just how it is!๐Ÿ˜

 

So I TRY my best to keep the house clean of any foods that I love and can't eat!! BUT having a husband and grand-babies, I like them to enjoy such things...along with good foods..but ya know, I AM a grandma! ๐Ÿ˜I don't want to be a mean health freak one - just sayin'!

 

After MANY months of enjoying what I get to eat on my new "lifestyle", because I DO get brownies and cookies! I guess really not even thinking about what is about to take place.....I got so wrapped up in what I needed to do (making the grand-babies lunch)...and getting and going and doing that it happened!!๐Ÿ˜ง

 

#OHDEAR

#howintheworld

#badchoices

#followusonFacebookInstagram&Twitter

#moretocome

 

 

There it was...sitting on the cabinet....I reached in to hand my grand-son a puffed Cheeto and POPPED THAT THING RIGHT IN MY MOUTH!!!  Ohhh the goodness of tasting them! But did I stop with that one cheeto? NO!!!!! I continued to stuff more in my trap and continued to savor the flavor! I stopped and thought, "I'm going to not eat another bad food choice after 3pm! But guess what? 3pm came and went and I continued eating until bed time!๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Then the thoughts came....why did I continue to just spiral out-of-control? Why did I allow myself to just inhale all that garbage? Why was I strong for so many months and then KABOOM!!!????

Because of ONE thing! A MIND-SET!!!!!!

“Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around you, but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how you think. This will empower you to discern God’s will as you live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in his eyes.”  ‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Not only do we need to renew our mind with the Word of God for our spiritual being, we also need it for our natural being! Because when we think differently, we do differently!

Our thinking today cannot work for us tomorrow! It is a day-to-day renewing of the mind! Whatever we are thinking on, we will do! This also works in the negative, this is why it is VERY IMPORTANT what we THINK ABOUT! And whatever we are feeding our mind, is what we will begin to think about.

So thinking of the cause for my big spiral downward to a VERY GOOD (yummy food) DAY! Yet, a day that could negatively effect the days ahead. It was because I had not renewed my mind that day. In fact, I didn't even fill my mind that morning. The grand-kids showed up a little earlier and I woke up and got ready in time for them when I usually sit down and read the Bible and pray before my day begins. So at the vulnerable moment, there went will-power, any "healthy food" thinking, any "effect of future days", all down the drain...BUT WHEN I had the opportunity to STOP! I did NOT! I continued!

Do you realize that ONE BAD CHOICE can cause many days in the future to be of none effect or to be of BAD EFFECT?

You may ask how reading the Bible and praying can keep me from messing up on a "diet" or "health journey"? Well, it's the same with any decision that's made. The Bible is my book, the standards of my life are in it and when I follow it, then the good and right things happen in my life!

God is concerned with every part of your life, not just your spiritual life. He wants YOU TO include HIM with everything! We all mess up at times, BUT we can get right back , get our mind tuned-up and make the right choices once again!


#failingisneveranoption
#thechoiceisyours
#makeupyourmind



Now just because of a bad choice or two or three, doesn't actually mean that you have FAILED or are a FAILER.......we tend to see that within ourselves but we NEED a new MIND-SET. If we continue to look at our-self like that, then we are not going to want to be a better person. We just give up and say, "Guess its not going to happen for me."....FAILING IS NEVER AN OPTION!

YOUR MIND-SET IS YOUR CHOICE! YOUR ACTION IS YOUR CHOICE! And we do whatever it is we are thinking about. If we think about chocolate cake, then there ya go. If we are thinking about something else then chocolate cake won't be the temptation.

In relating back to the reason for such bad choices, it reminded me how it can be for someone who has struggled with addictions! Possibly they could be clean for months and then WHAMMO! It shows that even if your foundation seems solid that there is ALWAYS room for improvement!

It may be easy for me to preach to others about staying away from things they struggle with, all the while, I'm struggling with something else!

The ANSWER to ANY addiction is GOD! He truly is the FOUNDATION! And if you're mind is not set to make the right choices, then you will continually make the wrong ones! But when you place your TRUST in God, He gives you the power to make the right choices!

Often times, we just get to a place where we are comfortable with how things are and some may even be comfortable in making bad choices....but the problem isn't going to change if you are not willing to change and be stretched in some way. Stretching causes soreness and causes pain at times, however, it ALSO has benefits to improve your performance and decrease your risk of injuries!

Not wanting to do better in life or not willing to stretch or get out of your comfort zone is basically pure laziness!! Emoji We don't like to hear those things but it is the truth! And if you read in Proverbs, being lazy DOES NOT END WELL!!!

There's several issues that we have to deal with on a daily bases! And most just aren't addictions that we need to overcome.....Finances, Health, Forgiveness, Mental Health, Walking in Love...and so on! 

Often times, the problem is spiritually and that could mean your harboring resentment and unforgiveness! That's a huge struggle for anyone who has been hurt by someone! And most people have!

It's funny because Healing is a stable place for me! I've learned to deny Satan any foot-hold to anything concerning sickness in my physical body! I'm always on high alert! I've learn to recognize his attacks! But my goodness, how easy it is to eat one Cheeto and slide down the health ladder!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️ It only takes one drink, one bite, one word, one dirty picture, one lie, and if we allow it, it will become the STRONGhold in our life!

#berealwithyourself
#turnyourstrongholdsintoyoubeingstrong
#stretchthosemuscles

 

Not only do you have to have a mind-set for things to change, but you also need a heart-set!

The way we get our heart to change is by continually renewing the mind! What we think on will drop into our heart and the more we think on it, it will become seed! Once that seed has been planted, then the fruit will come from it. Whether its old nasty stinky fruit or good fresh ripe juice fruit!

I truly believe this happens with negative thoughts AND positive thoughts.WORDS are the seeds! We hear words EVERYDAY! When you are listening to music, those words go into your ears and into your thought life.....when you begin to sing those lyrics...whatever those lyrics are, you will become THAT! This is why it is soooooo very important to pay attention to what you are hearing! This may sound far-fetched to you but when you find yourself feeling down-and-depressed, think about what you've been listening to! ;)

When we watch television or play on the internet, there are always some form of advertisement...we SEE images and hear words, which does what? PLANTS the SEED into our mind....BUT we don't have to allow that seed to take root, this is why God tells us to take every thought captive..

"We can demolish every deceptive fantasy that opposes God and break through every arrogant attitude that is raised up in defiance of the true knowledge of God. We capture, like prisoners of war, every thought and insist that it bow in obedience to the Anointed One. "  
2 Corinthians 10:5 TPT

We take thoughts captive and if that thought does not agree with God's Word, then get it out. DON'T LET IT TAKE ROOT!

Be consistent in this every day and get the right seeds planted in your heart so that you can make wise decisions!

#blockwhatcausesutomakewrongchoices
#letGod'sWordtakeroot
#beobedienttoGod'sWord



God has created us to be MORE than CONQUERERS! He's already defeated Satan! He's already took everything  on the cross so that we wouldn't have to, so all we have to do is choose!!!

However, the process is on-going! Once you've accomplished the goal you've set, set another one! Keep standing STRONG in every are of your life! Even if there are Cheeto days ๐Ÿ˜, pick yourself up and keep going! We all have days like that but it can't hold us back from pressing on to meet the goal!

After reaching the goal, set another goal, keep pursuing! Continue to have purpose! Once you feel you have no purpose, then you'll notice whatever you set out to do may never get done! It's not only procrastination but truly not feeling a "purpose"!

It's easy for stay-at-home moms or dads, retired people, or those trying to start a ministry, ๐Ÿ™‹or anyone that does not have a job outside of their home, to feel like they have no purpose! This is why it is so good to have a planner and PLAN your days....if you don't have purpose for even one day-that day will pass you by without accomplishments!

Not staying focused and in-tune with God and His calling on your life can make your opinion louder and excuse longer and you'll never be where you want to be in life!

Staying STRONG is staying mind-healthy even if your day is not going as planned!
Staying STRONG is staying focused on the task at hand! Keep from getting side-tracked and just going from one thing to the next - never accomplishing anything! ๐Ÿ˜†

Even in dieting....drink all your water, eat all the right foods, exercising the right amount of times, yadda yadda can be so overwhelming that none of them get done!

The same goes for what we are purposing to pursue! Try not to have a million tasks to get done! Stay focused on one and complete that then move to the next one! Before you know it, you will be able to drink all the water required and exercise!

And whatever you do - wherever your weak point is and we all know our weakest link - get it out of the house! My grand babies are going to have to enjoy fruits and veggies cause those things don't tempt me! ๐Ÿ˜‚And they are good for them!

Do everything in your power to remove the things that will cause you to trip up! THIS IS A MUST! IF those Cheetos weren't there, I wouldn't have spiraled down to everything else....(candy hid from myself as IF I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS! ๐Ÿ˜•)...Seriously, we do the dumbest things and set our-self up for BAD CHOICES!!! WE always say "just this one time" or "oh, I will do better tomorrow") but well, you know what happens! We go around the SAME MOUNTAIN time and time again!

BE STRONG IN THE LORD AND IN HIS MIGHTY POWER!!!

"Now my beloved ones, I have saved these most important truths for last: Be supernaturally infused with strength through your life-union with the Lord Jesus. Stand victorious with the force of his explosive power flowing in and through you." Ephesians 6:10


Be on the alert. Stand firm in the faith. Be men of courage. Be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:3

#timetostandstrong
#donotbudge
#thetimeisnow
#nobackingdown
#geterdone







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Games and the United States of America

Mom Memories