Sowing & Reaping





You may think this title says GRIPED...but it is "Griep"ed! - pronounced with a long e sound.

Yes! Whatever YOU SOW, YOU REAP!

It's a principal of cause and effect...you sow this...you will reap this.

If you are a gardener, then you know when you plant corn, it won't come up green beans. Whatever the seed holds, that is what will grow.

The same principal goes into effect with what we say! Our words are VERY powerful and they determine what your tomorrow brings. (WATCH what you say)!!!

After I was divorced, I desired to be married again. However, I didn't want to just marry "anyone" because you know what that gets you....divorced AGAIN!

So I made out a list of the kind of man I desired and was very specific about it. I prayed for this man and then as an act of faith, I thanked God every day for this man. (Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen - Hebrews 11:1).

After praying for several weeks, God showed me that I NEEDED to PRAY for MYSELF on being these things.

You can never ask for something that you are not. Well, you can, but you're not going to get anywhere. So I started praying and thanking God that I was those things.

After a while, I was getting hooked up with God. It was like, my love for Him had put me over the top and all I wanted was more of HIM!

The funny thing is the whole time, I had a "friend" who I was hanging out with. He had asked me out but I just wasn't interested....cause seriously, he just "wasn't my type". (Ummm, what IS my type?)....

I just kept looking for a girl for this guy to date because I wanted him to get off my case. I just didn't want to date "HIM"! And to be honest, I was at a place in my life that I didn't even really care if I was single or married. I had let Jesus come in and take over my life and I had no concerns of "dating" or "marrying".

But I knew EVENTUALLY I WOULD want someone special in my life so I continued on with my list...confessing that I was all of these things I had wanted in a mate and started believing for the mate to display these characteristics as well. God only wants us to ASK! In fact, HE tells us to.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: Matthew 7:7


As I continued to sow words that were of faith and according to the Word...and begin to seek HIM FIRST, my eyes begin to open and I realized that this "friend" was truly an amazing man. And the more I thought about him dating someone else, the more I realized that I REALLY didn't want that. 

So, I prayed and asked God to show me peace about this situation, I mean after all, I've already turned this guy down. And what if I was just letting my emotions get the best of me?

Before you ever go on an "official" date with someone, you watch him. See how he treats other people, see who he hangs out with. Watch how he treats his mother. Does he tip when you go out to eat? How does he treat the waiters/waitresses?

And as Creflo Dollar says, does he have a job? Does he have a house? Can he provide for you?

You truly do NOT want to get into ANY type of friendship/relationship with anyone that is not trusting and that the man can not provide for his family. A man should be able to make his lady feel like a queen. And if he's not doing that even as friends, then I promise you, he won't do that as "mates".

If you find that you are the only one in the relationship that is giving - get out of there as fast as you can. Because even if you married, it will be the same!

After coming to terms and feeling peace about dating my "friend",  I was in an awkward situation in wanting him to know that I had changed my mind. Well, let me tell you, this guy sure didn't move quickly in wanting to marry me, even after sharing my feelings with him. 

We dated for several years before marrying and it took sometimes pushing him out my door at night so we wouldn't stumble! It took a lot of time spent with each other getting to know one another.

Gals, you may be wanting to find a husband but have failed at every relationship because of dating whoever asks you out. STOP! You are priceless!! You aren't just some girl that a guy can use and then drop. You are MORE THAN THAT! Jesus has called you HIS BEAUTIFUL and He does want the BEST for you! And HE wants you to have patience and continue to SOW seeds that will one day produce something that you cannot even imagine!! There is a PRINCE-CHARMING for you!

But if you continue down the same road, doing the same thing, nothing will ever change. You will be going around the mountain in endless relationships, hurt feelings, and begin to carry a baggage of pain.

Right now, renounce everything that you have attached yourself to in the past, if you don't, you will continue to carry any hurt, rejection, etc into the next relationship and you sure don't want to do that.

Truly the ONLY RELATIONSHIP you need is one with JESUS CHRIST!
You can FOREVER TRUST HIM that He will NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU!  

If you are NOT COMPLETE IN HIM first, there's no way any relationship will ever work. You will be depending on that man to fulfill everything that he cannot.  Real life is not "movie" life. Most men aren't the true romantics that we wish them to be. They get PAID to do that in the movies. BUT JESUS IS and He can love on you, romance you, and provide for you!
AND THEN WHEN YOU PUT HIM FIRST, He will give you everything that you desire....in a mate!  

Be TRUE TO YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN! BE TRUE TO YOURSELF! AND SOW WORDS OF FAITH over your future friendship/relationships. And TRUST GOD to show you and give you PEACE with the person you are seeing!

For what I've sowed...I've also "GRIEPED"! :)






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing STRONG

Travels

Football Games and the United States of America